Kansas City, MO
With over 62 million Hispanics, the United States is the second largest Spanish-speaking country in the world! In Kansas City, Hispanics accounted for one-third of the total population growth in the last 10 years. Telemundo Kansas City connects our advertising partners to the buying power of this audience, while serving and celebrating the vibrant Hispanic local community.
KGKC is the Spanish-language home of the Super Bowl, Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and high-profile programming and news, and we are looking for a dynamic and passionate Weather Anchor to join our team and present vital weather information to Kansas City’s Hispanic community through our linear and digital properties.
This position requires a person who is driven, accountable, ethical, personable, and works well independently.
- Produce daily Spanish-language weather forecast segments and stories
- Operate video and editing equipment and systems
- Produce weather graphics and daily content on a variety of platforms including digital and social media, in addition to television
- Write, produce, and present weather specials and packages, including working with station media partners
- Report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required
- Live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required
- Participate in station marketing and promotional projects
- Support other markets with weather coverage
- Spanish-language fluency, with excellent written and spoken skills
- Strong on camera presentation skills, with proven ability to ad-lib during a live broadcast
- Meteorologist degree not required with on camera experience
- General understanding of presenting the weather, using weather tools, understanding weather models and creating graphics to illustrate the weather story
- Ability to work well independently
- Excellent technical skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy, and self-motivated
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in a Communications-related field
- Experience as a Meteorologist, Weather Anchor/Presenter, or News Reporter
- Live-reporting experience
- Proven experience using forecasting tools including Doppler Radar and Satellite Maps, and weather systems such as Baron, WSI, Weather Central, and Accuweather, etc. Weather system training provided.
- Video Editing and Production a plus
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and demo reel to email@example.com