KGKC Telemundo Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
With over 62 million Hispanics, the United States is the second largest Spanish-speaking country in
the world! In Kansas City, Hispanics accounted for one-third of the total population growth in the last
10 years. Telemundo Kansas City connects our advertising partners to the buying power of this
audience, while serving and celebrating the vibrant Hispanic local community.
KGKC is the Spanish-language home of the Super Bowl, Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and high-profile
programming and news, and we are looking for a passionate and competitive Account Executive to
grow results for local and regional businesses by connecting them to Kansas City’s Hispanic audience
through our linear and digital properties.
The ideal candidate should be goal oriented and able to develop long-lasting customer relationships.
This position also requires a person who is driven, accountable, ethical, personable, and works well
• Generate new business revenue across linear and digital platforms
• Create and present marketing and advertising campaigns and proposals
• Manage and develop an active account list along with client relationships
• Develop new relationships in the community by networking, cold calling, and referrals
• Works closely with other station departments to meet all account maintenance requirements
• Meets all revenue goals and communicates activity and forecast with General Sales Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred
• Minimum of 2 years proven sales success; broadcast TV experience a plus
• Knowledge of media sales, media math and research a plus
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, team-
Solid negotiation skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with
media software such as OSI-Adconnections or WideOrbit-Media Sales a plus
• Must possess a driver’s license with a good driving record
• Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish a plus
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.